The Finance Department prepares a comprehensive annual financial report (CAFR) for the fiscal year end of December 31st. This financial report is then audited by an independent party. The report represents the commitment of the City to adhere to nationally recognized standards of excellence in financial reporting.
Economic Conditions and Outlook
- City’s population – 23,162 (2005 US Census Bureau)
- Moderate growth in both residential and business development
- Home to over 700 businesses
- Remains fiscally strong, built on diversified base of small businesses
- Largest employers: Centerville City School District, multiple retirement communities, a retail store, several auto dealerships, and small manufacturers.
- Maintains municipal bond rating of Aa3 from Moody’s Investor Services.
The Government Finance & Officers Association has awarded the City of Centerville the Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting since 2000. This prestigious award is presented to those government units whose CAFR achieves the highest standards in government accounting and financial reporting.
Click here for the current report.